This is my first actual "Don't waste your money post". I don't really like hating on products, but when they are this bad I want to warn others about them. I want to note that just because this didn't work for me, it doesn't mean it won't work for you. These are my personal opinions.
I bought this product at Ulta...I was teetering back and forth whether or not to actually go ahead a get it. Well, I did and I hate it. Maybe my expectations were high...or I just really wanted to use my Maybelline $1 off coupon but I was very disappointed. It was a waste of money and will be going back to Ulta soon.
Why did I buy it?
The main reason was so I could use something lighter for the rest of summer. I don't like wearing my full face foundation if I will be outside in the heat & humidity. I also got this darker shade so I could match my face & neck. My face fades much faster than my body when it comes to self darker so I like to have a darker shade for that.
Here is what Maybelline CLAIMS it does:
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream 8-in-1 Skin Perfector is the 1-step wonder for a good skin day, everyday.
Get 8 skin benefits in 1 simple step:
Why don't I like it?
- Honestly, I felt like it did nothing....no coverage (and I was only hoping for light at most)
- It felt heavy....almost like I was putting on a sunscreen
- All of the shades were too pink or orange (I was going to get medium but I got medium/deep because medium was so pink)
- I don't feel like any of the claims that were made were true...at least on my skin
- I am not super familiar with Asian bb creams, but from what I read on other beauty blogs it appears that western bb creams are just tinted moisturizers with the name bb cream slapped on it.
Photos & Swatches
Here are swatches to show you how the coverage is ZERO. The color is obviously too dark for my skin tone BUT you can tell that in the AFTER photo that even with that notion, it didn't even leave a orange mark (barely!). Very strange to me!
Would I recommend?
No way! Save your money and buy a foundation or research other bb creams. This one was terrible!
Have you tried this? Have you had any luck with drugstore BB Creams?
Thanks for reading,