Hi all! Today's post will feature Nars Sheer Glow Foundation. I've sampled this foundation a few times, and finally bought myself a full size bottle last week. I've tried and continue to try a lot of different foundations, so it's becoming harder to impress me. However, the first time I used this foundation I knew I really liked it! Read on for why...
Since I've been trying so many foundations I've decided to review them based on the main things I look for when debating whether or not to purchase a full size bottle...they are color, coverage, finish, wear, doesn't break me out & how easy it is to work with and remove.
- Color - Let me first start out by saying that I sampled 3 different colors. I'm really picky about color selection because I want the perfect match for my skin (well who doesn't?) and I won't settle for "close". Nars Sheer Glow has an impressive shade range. Nars offers a wide color selection that I think would easily suit all skintones, ethnicity and undertones (ie cool/warm skin). I truly think that everyone could find a shade that could work for them! I like my foundations to have a stronger yellow undertone because I have warm skin with redness. The 3 colors I sampled were Stromboli, Punjab & Fiji. Fiji is a good match for when I am sans self-tan (probably around NC20) and I purchased Punjab (I normally average about an NC30-35). I also wanted to try Stromboli as I know some of my favorite bloggers (Miss Natty & Cheryl) who I wear the same shades in a lot of foundations use this shade. Stromboli matched well when I'm really tan but since I'm not always sporting a dark tan, Punjab seemed to look better on my skin so I opted for that shade! I am still considering purchasing it though!
- Coverage - Don't let the name "Sheer" fool you. I actually wouldn't describe this foundation as sheer at all. Rather it's a build-able medium coverage which is actually what I prefer. Of course you could sheer this out if you mix it with a moisturizer if you wanted. The coverage is really good, and it covers the redness in my cheeks & nose pretty well. It also covers any other minor skin imperfections (ie blemishes, scars) well. I was pleasantly surprised how even & flawless this made my skin look!
- Finish - Nars Sheer Glow really does give you a glow, but not in the way you might think from the name. It doesn't look shiny or even dewy, but rather it just makes your skin look luminous/radiant. It sounds silly, but the term "healthy glow" is a really good way to describe the finish here. I also like that it still looks likes my skin...just a better version!
- Wear - This foundation isn't the longest lasting foundation I've worn by any means. I actually am not a fan of really long wearing foundations (ie Revlon Colorstay) because I find them difficult to remove. I always wear a primer, powder & makeup setting spray so wear time for me is always pushed to the max. This lasts through a full work day for me and I could probably do a light power touch up at lunchtime, but don't find that I really need to. I have normal skin so if I get shiny it's only a little bit by the sides of my nose or chin so I can't speak for oily skin or very dry skin.
- Doesn't break me out - Nars Sheer Glow did not/has not broken me out. I was worried because I know it is not oil free (I even contacted Nars to confirm it!), but the foundation is fragrance free & non-comedogenic (won't clog pores) and I haven't had any troubles! Just make sure as always to completely remove your makeup at the end of the day.
- How easy it is to work with & remove - Oh man this blends like a dream! Seriously that was my first thought when I was testing this out. I am so impressed by how easy this foundation is to work with. It doesn't dry down right away so you have plenty of time to blend it in before it sets. I think that texture wise this is one of the best foundations I've tried in terms of blend ability. I also find that this foundation works awesome with other foundations. I really like mixing it with my Laura Mercier Silk Creme. I'm a big fan of mixing foundations that have different textures/finishes together because I feel like they give you the most flawless look & color match! In regards to removing Nars Sheer Glow, I have no problems or worries at all. I absolutely can't stand when I wash my face and feel like their is still foundation on my skin. Nars Sheer Glow comes off easily with a face cleanser (I use Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil Free if you are curious).
Nars Sheer Glow retails for $42 and you can find it at Sephora, Beauty.com & many department stores. If you'd like more product information, I'd recommend checking out this link: Nars Sheer Glow - Nars Official Website
Overall, I'm really loving this foundation so I wanted it to share it with you all. Nars Sheer Glow meets all the requirements of a foundation for me. I am so happy that I finally committed and bought a full size bottle! I think it's safe to say that this foundation has quickly become a go-to for me and a favorite of mine!
Thanks for reading,